Guiding Your Child's Early Years For Over A Decade
Our curriculum is the perfect blend of
both structure and play
Ross Cottage Nursery School has a wonderful program for your 15 month – 5 year old!
- socially based teaching philosophy
- a close watch and focus on all ECE developmental milestones
- specialized toddler program
- Private Kindergarten Preparation group
- potty training methods
- learning through both play and structure
- self care and body awareness
- large playroom
- lots of outdoor time with a focus on nature in our beautiful and peaceful yard
- pre writing and reading skills
- early science and math skills.
- The RCNS ECE philosophy is based on small communities of child-centered learning.
At Ross Cottage Nursery School, our small group size allows our teachers to give each child a lot of individual attention.
Whether your child is in our toddler group or our older private kindergarten-prep group, they will thrive with an amazing 6 to 1 ratio.
RCNS specializes in being a private preschool with a large amount of focus on each child.
- integration of fine and gross motor skills with sensory and touch manipulation – aided arts
- occasional presentation by a person related to our focus topics
- outdoor exploration / topic related
- arts and pretend play / topic related
A truly magical Marin preschool / child care / day care environment.
“What a gem of a program and environment for the little ones of Marin. This magical and peaceful place gets it just right. Thank you!”
— Doug Penman / Founder, Nukotoys / Ross, CA