Guiding Your Child's Early Years For Over A Decade
Our curriculum is the perfect blend of
both structure and play
Ross Cottage Nursery School has a wonderful program for your 15 month – 5 year old!
- socially based teaching philosophy
- a close watch and focus on all ECE developmental milestones
- specialized toddler program
- Private Kindergarten Preparation group
- potty training methods
- learning through both play and structure
- self care and body awareness
- large playroom
- lots of outdoor time with a focus on nature in our beautiful and peaceful yard
- pre writing and reading skills
- early science and math skills.
- The RCNS ECE philosophy is based on small communities of child-centered learning.
As for the small group of children that we prepare for kindergarten, they will thrive from a private 6 to 1 ratio for excellent kindergarten preparedness.
We focus on a different topic each month which includes…
- integration of fine and gross motor skills with sensory and touch manipulation – aided arts
- occasional presentation by a person related to our focus topics
- outdoor exploration / topic related
- arts and pretend play / topic related
A truly magical Marin preschool / child care / day care environment.
“What a gem of a program and environment for the little ones of Marin. This magical and peaceful place gets it just right. Thank you!”
— Doug Penman / Founder, Nukotoys / Ross, CA